Saturday, July 11, 2015

Gone Without a Trace by Patricia Bradley

When I hear the name, Patricia Bradley, I think of fast paced Chrisitan Suspense that grabs you from the first page, hangs on to you and doesn't let you ago until long after you turn the last page. Her newest book, Gone Without a Trace, is book 3 he the "Logan Point" series. The first two books, Shadows of the Past (read my review here) and Promise to Protect (read my review here) were excellent books and I would highly recommend them all. 

In Gone Without a Trace Detective Livy Reynolds has just experienced an incident that makes her second guess herself. She is asked to take some time off and seek counseling in order to get herself pulled together. 
Private Investigator, Alex Jennings, contacts Livy regarding a senator's missing granddaughter. When Livy hears the circumstances surrounding the girl's disappearance it bears striking similarities to the disappearance of her cousin over two years earlier. Livy takes a strong dislike to Alex, but soon realizes if she wants to locate her cousin, she'll need to work with Alex. Will they learn to like each other? 

Waitresses with children have disappeared after receiving notes telling them to quit their jobs and go home to their children. Some are let go with no memory of what happened, some weren't so lucky. Will Livy be able to find her cousin? Is she alive and if so why hasn't she come back home? Will Alex be able to find the senator's granddaughter? Does she even fit the profile? All of these answers can be found inside of this edge-of-your-seat page-turner.

Ms. Bradley has a gift for creating believable characters that pull the reader into the book from the first page. The reader will find themselves rooting for the good guys and really hating the bad guys. When characters are as well crafted as Ms. Bradley's the story flows smoothly and the reader gets lost within the pages.

I don't know if there will be a Book 4 in the series but I sure hope there will be as I loved the Logan Point series and the characters who live there. All three books will definitely have a home on my 'keeper' bookshelves. I would highly recommend Gone Without a Trace along with the rest of the books in the series to anyone who loves a clean read filled with suspense.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Gone Without a Trace. I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment