Saturday, July 25, 2015

Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor by Melanie Dobson

I have often wanted to pick up a book by Melanie Dobson but for whatever reason, up until now, I haven't. That was a big mistake on my part as Ms. Dobson is an absolutely talented storyteller. Her newest book, Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor is a book that tells two stories in one. One story in the past and one in the present. The past is the story of Maggie and Walter and "their" daughter LIbby, who loves butterflies. In the present we meet Heather and her adult daughter Ella. Their stories are woven together quite nicely. 

All the characters were well developed and pulled me into their story of secrets, forbidden love, lies, sins of the family and murder. Moving in between the past and present helped to propel the story forward keeping me turning the pages quicker than I expected. 

Ms. Dobson has painted such a wonderful picture of the English countryside that I felt as if I was right there looking over the characters shoulders as the story unfolded. 

Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor is a story filled with mystery and murder, romance and family issues, redemption and forgiveness and many plot twists and turns. What the characters went through pulled at my heartstrings and I loved how the stories evolved.

It reminds me a lot of a Susan Meissner's novels moving so smoothly between periods. Not every author can move so effortlessly between the past and present but I honestly believe Ms. Dobson has mastered that talent.

On a 5-Star Scale - 4 1/2 Stars.

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity for my copy of  Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor, which I received for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment