Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Heart's Promise by Colleen Coble

For those of you who follow my blog, then you know I am currently reading books in Colleen Coble's six book series, "Journey of the Heart". These short books are a reprint of Ms. Cobles' first two novels, Where Leads the Heart and Plains of Promise. If I had to guess, A Heart's Danger is the end of her book Where Leads the Heart as everything seemed to tie up nicely. The fourth book in this series, A Heart's Betrayal is actually the first part of her original book Plains of Promise. This month's release is the fifth book, A Heart's Promise.

This book continues the story of Emmie Croftner and Lieutenant Isaac Liddle. They now are at Fort Phil Kearny in the Wyoming territory where the Sioux Indian nation is at war with the white man.

I love Colleen Coble's work and while the "Journey of the Heart" series isn't as detailed as her current books today, her talent was apparent even in her early days of publishing.

I am really enjoying this series. The characters are believable and Ms. Coble paints a picture of life in the old west that the reader can visualize and have a sense of being there. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves to read a sweet historical set in the old west.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson for my copy of A Heart's Promise. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment