Sunday, July 12, 2015

Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore

I must admit, reading Drawing Fire was the first book I have read by talented author Janice Cantore. Drawing Fire is the first book in the "Cold Case Justice" series. 

Ms. Cantore is a retired twenty-two year veteran of the Long Beach Police Department in California. That experience brought an authenticity to this book that another author might not be able to do. The book is also set in Long Beach, California which made it all the more believable.

I have always loved a good suspense novel and Drawing Fire is just that. It is packed with suspense, lots of action, plot twists and several surprises along the way.

The characters, Abby Hart and Luke Murphy, are well crafted and brought a reality to the story that made me want to learn more about them and therefore, I turned the pages rapidly. The Christian thread also flowed naturally and brought a reality to the story as well.

The ending of Drawing Fire wasn't as neatly tied up as I would have liked it to be, leaving it open for the next book in the series, which won't release until Spring, 2016. While I love continuity series in smaller books that release monthly, I really am not fond of them when the next book in the series doesn't release until a year later. 

I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for my copy of Drawing Fire. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

On a 5-Star Scale- 4 Stars!

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment