Sunday, February 2, 2014

Shadows of the Past by Patricia Bradley

 I have always loved reading debut novels, so when I had the opportunity to read Patricia Bradley's debut novel, Shadows of the Past, I jumped at the chance. This novel is an excellent Christian suspense novel with plenty of romance mixed in and it is the first book in the Logan Point series.

The heroine, Taylor Martin, is a psychology professor and criminal profiler who's father ran out on her and her family twenty years ago. The one case she wants to solve more than any other is finding out why her father left and where he is living.

As the story begins Taylor is at a crime scene and senses that she is being watched. But then she's had the feeling that she is being stalked for some time. In fact, she believes a former student of hers could be her stalker.  

At the crime scene she encounters mystery novelist Nick Sinclair. He just happens to be the brother of Scott Sinclair, the student that Taylor believes is her stalker. Can Nick convince her that his brother is innocent? Or is he?

Ms. Bradley has created wonderful, believable characters that pulled me into their story and led me through the twists and turns of their lives. I felt Taylor's terror from the very first page when she found a scrap of paper in her pocket with the words, "Death unfolds like a budding flower, Tentatively, sweetly, unfurling in majestic power until then, my love...until then". Much later, when she is down in the 'tunnels' I could smell the damp, dank odors that the character expressed. I could feel the pain Taylor felt when she learned... oh wait... I never, ever give out spoilers...

I would have to say that Shadows of the Past was one of the best novels I've read within the last year.  I would highly suggest this book to anyone who loves a good, clean, mystery.  The Christian thread wasn't overpowering and blended in well throughout the story. I loved the one statement made on page 233 when Taylor said, "You don't get cleaned up to come to him. He cleans you up afterwards".

Shadows of the Past released today, February 1, 2014 and I can hardly wait until this fall when A Promise to Protect, book two in the Logan Point series is released

On a 5-Star scale = 5 HUGE stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Shadows of the Past. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,






2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I know I want to read this book. Thanks Cindy for the review. It would be so scary to have a stalker. Please put my name in for the drawing. Thanks!
    Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Maxie. I'm not hosting a giveaway for this book. But stay tuned, in the next month I will be giving away three copies of a book....

      Delete