Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Promise to Protect by Patricia Bradley

A good suspense novel is always difficult for me to pass up, especially when it is the second in a series and I loved the first in the series. Patricia Bradley's debut novel, Shadows of the Past (read my review here) was an excellent book so when given the opportunity to read her sophomore offering, A Promise to Protect, the second book in her "Logan Point" series I, of course, jumped at the chance. 

A Promise to Protect is the story of Dr. Leigh Somerall and acting Sheriff Ben Logan. Ten years prior to the start of the story, these two characters shared a relationship that ended abruptly hurting them both. Fast forward to current day and Dr. Somerall has a secret she is trying to protect and fears someone will find out. Sheriff Logan has a bad memory he is trying to forget that is causing him to have a fear of his own. Both characters have to face their fears head on. Will they be able to get past their fears and move forward with their lives?

I love characters that pull me into their world and keep me there until the last page is turned. Ms. Bradley has created well developed characters that seem real and keep the story moving forward. The secondary characters in the book are just as real and entertaining.

This is a story of secret betrayals, forgiveness and second chances at love. It is a story that will have you rooting for the characters and cheering them on to their happily ever after.

If you enjoy a good suspense novel, I would highly recommend picking up a copy of A Promise to Protect. Due to an indiscretion in the characters lives prior to the start of the story, I would suggest this be a novel for mature readers.

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my copy of A Promise to Protect. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment