Sunday, July 12, 2015

Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Jody Hedlund's work and I have to be honest, this was my first experience in reading anything she has written. Heart's Made Whole is the second book in the "Beacons of Hope" series and while I believe it can be read as a stand alone, I really fill I missed out by not reading Love Unexpected, the first book in the series. 
Hearts Made Whole is a historical book set in the mid-1800s. As the cover portrays, it centers around a lighthouse and the people who maintain it. Without telling you too much I will say I loved the way Ms. Hedlund approached many issues that still exist today.

With romance and mystery, Ms. Hedlund takes the reader on a journey with two wonderful, yet flawed, characters, Caroline Taylor and Ryan Chambers. They were very well crafted and they brought the story to life. Their story is one of healing, grace, hope and love. 

If you are a fan Ms. Hedlund or even if you have never read a book by her, this is a must read for anyone who enjoys a good clean read.

I would like to thank Bethany House for my copy of Hearts Made Whole. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment