Saturday, May 23, 2015

In Firefly Valley by Amanda Cabot

When given the opportunity to read In Firefly Valley, the second book in Amanda Cabot's "Texas Crossroads" series, I jumped at the chance. I read her first book in the series, At Bluebonnet Lake (read my review here), and thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the setting of the resort, Rainbow's End.

In this book, the reader is brought back to Rainbow's End when Marisa St. George returns home to Dupree, Texas. After college she took a job in accounting but as soon as the tax season was over, her company decided to let her go. She accepts a position as the business manager of the Rainbow's End resort. Unfortunately, just as it was in At Bluebonnet Lake, the resort is struggling. 
Blake Kendall, aka author Ken Blake, has lost his muse and in an attempt to get his writing back on track he contacts his old friend Greg Vange only to find that Greg is remodeling a resort in Texas. Blake flies to Texas in hopes of getting some ideas for his writing. What he didn't expect was meeting someone like Marisa. He hopes that she will inspire him but then he finds out she doesn't like Ken Blake books.

While Marisa was in her accounting job, she hired a private investigator to try to find her alcoholic father who went missing on the day she graduated from high school. Unfortunately, he took her money and left her still not knowing what happened to her father. His disappearance has had an affect on Marisa's life. Will she be able to get beyond her past so she can live free in her future? Will she find out that Blake is really Ken Blake, the author?  

This is a story about people learning to forgive the past and trust in the future. I thoroughly enjoyed book two. In fact, I think I enjoyed it a little more than I did the first book in the series. However, book three in the series, On Lone Star Trail, sounds just as wonderful. It will be releasing in the Spring of 2016.

On a 5-Star scale - 4 1/2 stars!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my copy of In Firefly Valley. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment