Sunday, November 2, 2014

At Bluebonnet Lake by Amanda Cabot

I always enjoy reading authors that are new to me. Especially when they are as gifted as Amanda Cabot. Her newest book, At Bluebonnet Lake, was an enjoyable "feel good" story set in Texas.

Kate Sherwood works in advertising and aspires to become a partner in the firm one day. She is a workaholic so when her grandma Sally wants her to take a month long trip with her to Rainbow's End, Texas, Kate reluctantly agrees. Mostly because she knows Sally's health is fragile. She owes Sally so much because when Kate's parents died when she was young her grandparents, Sally and Larry raised her. 

Sally wants to return to Rainbow's End because she spent one wonderful week there with Larry fifty years before. When they arrive at Rainbow's End, it is not the same. It is run down and in desperate need of repair, but Sally still sees the beauty of it.

The hero is billionaire Greg Vange and when Kater first meets him she believes him to be a maintenance man at the resort.

I truly loved this story, it was simple but enjoyable. Besides Kate and Greg's story, the reader is also treated to a love story between Sally and Roy. The stories were woven together and left a smile on my face. 

The characters were well developed and interacted well with each other and I must say when I closed the book they all left a smile on my face.

I would highly recommend At Bluebonnet Lake to anyone who enjoys a good Christian contemporary love story.

On a 5-Star Scale - 4 1/2 Stars!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my copy of At Bluebonnet Lake. I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. Of course I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it enough to give it a 'highly recommended' rating.

    ReplyDelete