Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tox-Sick From Toxic to Not Sick by Suzanne Somer

When I first heard about Suzanne Somers new book, Tox-Sick From Toxic to Not Sick I wasn't really interested. Then I heard Ms. Somers talk about the book on several different talk shows and I thought, 'why not?' maybe I can learn something. So  requested a copy for review and I was glad I did.

The basis of this book, as you can see by the cover,  is to tell the reader about toxins that are in their bodies, the diseases they cause and the doctors who can help. The book is broken down into three parts. Part I is Totally Tox-Sick and it covers the new toxic threats in the world and how our body's protector systems work. Part II is Bulletproofing Your Body and Home. It covers the gut, the brain, the heart, the effects of toxins on a person's thyroid and other hormones and it covers how to protect your home, family and workplace. In Part II there are interviews with doctors who are making a difference. Then Part III is Coming Clean which covers protocols for optimal health. This covers detox basics and advanced techniques.

This book is not an easy read in the sense of picking it up and reading it through quickly. This is a book that must be read, reviewed and digested. There is a lot of information packed into the 311 pages of this book, as well as, much more information in the Appendix and beyond. 

I must admit, I found it hard to just sit down and read this book. I went to the index and located areas that pertained to me and then read those areas and was amazed at what I read. One thing that caught my eye was a box at the top of page 286 that was simply titled, "Let's Review". Below is what was written in that box.

     "To achieve peak health you should
  • Change your diet so it includes organic healthy fats: grass-fed animal protein, wild-caught salmon, organic butter, cream, and dairy products.
  • Eat healthy oils containing essential fatty acids, such as olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil,
  • Eliminate all processed foods.
  • Eliminate all sugar until you are healed.
  • Eliminate all carbs until you are healed.
  • Supplement for survival with what it is you require from The Protocol (page 250)
     Make these changes along with the supplementation we discussed and your gut will begin to work correctly, your brain will become sharp again, and you'll get skinnier, healthier, and happier.

Ms. Somers has a created a book than can help you detox you body providing you put the time into studying the areas of the book that can best help you.

On a 5-Star scale - 4 Stars

I would like to thank Blogging for Books and Harmony Books for my copy of Tox-Sick From Toxic to Not Sick. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.


Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment