Saturday, June 7, 2014

Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig

Raptor 6 is the first book in Ronie Kendig's "The Quiet Professionals" series and it is a sure winner. 

Set in Afghanistan, it is the story of Captain Dean Watters and Zahrah Zarrick. They first meet when the school where Zahrah is teaching is bombed and Dean and his men come to assist and determine how and why the school was hit.

Zahrah's father is an American and her mother is from Afghanistan. Because her mother was always treated so differently, Zahrah has a heart to teach the young girls in Afghanistan so as they mature they will learn to value themselves. Dean is an all American soldier with a heart for people and dedicated in preserving the lives of the innocent. He is a man of integrity who has seen the atrocities of war and is a stronger man because of it.

This book is one you will want to carve out some time out of your day for as once you enter into the story it is extremely difficult to put down. I actually began reading my copy on my lunch hour and got so involved that I was almost late coming back from lunch.

Ms. Kendig has a knack for writing military novels depicting strong, believable characters. They pull you in and hold you captive in their world and while Raptor 6 is about the world at war, I didn't want to leave.

If I have anything negative to say about this book is I wish Ms. Kendig had included a glossary of words as she used quite a few foreign words. Some times they were easy to figure out but other times I was clueless. I did, however, appreciate the list of acronyms, a list of the primary characters and a list of the secondary characters that she included in the beginning of the book.

I would highly recommend Raptor 6 to anyone who enjoys reading clean military romantic novels.,

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publishing and Shiloh Run Press for my review copy of Raptor 6. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment