Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Moment in Time by Tracie Peterson

Tracie Peterson is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. When I had the opportunity to read and review A Moment in Time, her second book in her "Lone Star Brides" series I jumped at the chance. The first book in the series is A Sensible Arrangement (read my review here) and I loved it. But I must say, A Moment in Time was just as good. 

For those of you who read the first book, you'll remember that Martha Dandridge, known as Marty, left her home state of Texas to be a mail order bride to Jacob Wythe, known as Jake. Jake's dream was to leave his job as a banker and move back to his home state of Texas and get a ranch. Well, in A Moment in Time, the reader meets up with these two wonderful characters once again. The bank is closing its doors and Jake leaves Marty and Alice, their former maid, and now friend, to move back to Texas to find some work ranching. Once he can afford to send for them he will.

Marty doesn't want to go back to Texas because she lost her first husband when a Texas Longhorn gored him. She and Alice move into the orphanage to help take care of the children. All the while, Mr. Smith, a nefarious person is after Alice as he thinks she has something that he wants. In time, Marty's sister and brother-in-law give money to Jake to send to Marty and Alice for train passage to Texas.

In the first book, Alice and her father were attacked by Mr. Smith. Her father died and she was badly scarred on her face. She feels no man would want to marry her because she was disfigured. But enter, Marty's nephew, Robert Barnett who quickly captures her heart as she captures his. There are several things that tend to keep Alice from allowing Robert to get close. Through it all she comes to terms with her past, learns how to forgive and finally places her trust in the Lord. 

Ms. Peterson has created characters that have quirks and mannerisms that captured my heart. They are believable and have stayed with me even after turning the last page. I can hardly wait for book three, A Matter of Heart which comes out in October 2014.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of A Moment in Time if you enjoy reading good clean historical romance novels. This is a keeper!

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Bethany House for my review copy of A Moment in Time. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment