Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Without Warning by Lynette Eason

 Because I love Lynette Eason's books, I could hardly wait for the second in her "Elite Guardians" series to come out. I loved the first book in the series, Always Watching (read my review here) so I knew I would love the second in the series, Without Warning.

Blurb from the Back:

INTENSITY. SKILL. TENACITY.
THE BODYGUARDS OF ELITE GUARDIANS AGENCY HAVE IT ALL.

Katie Singleton, a partner with the Elite Guardians Protection Agency, stumbles upon her next assignment quite by accident. Spotting blue lights at a familiar restaurant, she stops to investigate, only to discover that owner Daniel Matthews has become the target of someone who will go to any lengths to put him out of business.

Daniel might be concerned, but he's not convinced that a bodyguard--and a female one at that--is necessary. A new attack and his niece's urgings are enough to make him reconsider. He and Katie must figure out who's behind the intimidation and threats--before a would-be killer strikes again.

My Thoughts:

This book left me breathless. With the non-stop twists and turns I was kept guessing until almost the very end. I love books like this that keep the reader engaged and don't give away the ending until it is time. Well done, Ms. Eason!

Katie Singleton, has a secret from her past that causes her to think twice before engaging in certain situations but in Without Warning she finds herself having to confront her past head on to save those she loves. Her character was extremely well-developed and realistic. I enjoyed her tenacity.

Daniel Matthews, found himself dropped into a situation that no one would choose to be placed in. Someone is attacking him and he doesn't like it, nor does he want a woman protecting him. But, his niece decides otherwise. I liked Daniel. He had a lot on his plate and the love he has for his niece was palpable. I loved his intensity.

I can guarantee if you enjoy a good suspense novel, Without Warning will be a good fit for you. You will find yourself not wanting to put the book down until you turn that very last page. I highly recommend it.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 HUGE stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Without Warning. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment