Saturday, August 13, 2016

Fetching Sweetness by Dana Mentink

What can I say about a book with a dog on the cover, but "I have to read that book". I took a chance on Dana Mentink's book, Fetching Sweetness and it was definitely well worth my time. I loved this book.

Blurb from the Back Cover

Standing Between Stephanie and Her Dream is One Hundred Pounds of Loveable Trouble.

It should have been so simple for Stephanie Pink: Meet up with Agnes Wharton in a small town in California, retrieve the reclusive author's valuable new manuscript, and be promoted to a full-fledged literary agent.


But Agnes's canine companion, Sweetness, decides to make a break for it before Stephanie can claim her prize. Until Agnes has Sweetness safely back at home in Eagle Cliff, Washington, Stephanie will never set eyes on the manuscript she needs to make her dreams come true.


When Stephanie tracks the runaway mutt to a campground, she meets Rhett Hastings--a man also on the run from a different life and a costly mistake. Rhett agrees to help Stephanie search for the missing dog...thus launching a surprising string of adventures and misadventures.


Once Sweetness gets added to the mix, it's a recipe for love and loss, merriment and mayhem, fun and faith in the backwoods of the Pacific Northwest.


My Thoughts

I have to say that Fetching Sweetness was one of the most lighthearted books I have read in a long time. It had me laughing, crying, and everything in between. After each session of reading I closed the book with a big smile on my face because it made me feel so good.

The characters of Stephanie and Rhett were as different as night and day, yet a big lovable oaf of a dog was the bridge that brought them together. Had it not been for Sweetness, the characters would never have met and the story would have been over before it had begun.

Both characters are flawed in their own way. Stephanie was chasing a dream that wasn't hers and Rhett was trying to build a dream that wasn't his. Together they learn from each other and are finally able to move beyond the dreams to create their own dreams.

I loved this book. I loved Stephanie and Rhett. I loved Sweetness and Panny. I will tell you there are moments between Rhett and Panny that made me cry because of the sensitivity shown. Panny, well, I'm not going to tell you about her. You'll just have to read the book to find out who she is and why she and Rhett made me cry. I guarantee you there are moments between them that will steal you heart.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Fetching Sweetness. It is a book for anyone who enjoys a good clean read.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank LitFuse Publicity for my copy of Fetching Sweetness. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.


Smiles & Blessings,
 



No comments:

Post a Comment