Saturday, May 28, 2016

Her One and Only by Becky Wade

Becky Wade's fourth novel in her "Porter Family" series, Her One and Only, was a wonderful read. I only wish I had read the first three books in the series prior to reading this one. While the book reads fine by itself, I felt like I missed a lot by not reading the others first.

This book surprised me. The cover conveys that it is a fun, sweet romance but the first page told me something totally different. It has suspense written all over it. Here is the first line of this novel:

"Dru lifted her handgun, leveling it on Gray's stalker as she rushed forward through the crowd."

Yep! It definitely was suspense filled and I loved it! The first sentence pulled me into the story where I stayed, happily turning each page until the very end.

The characters of Dru Porter and Gray Fowler were well created. Dru, while trying to prove she's tough, is also sweet with a love of family, friends and others. Gray is a professional NFL player who has a stalker on his heels but he isn't really keen on having a female body guard. At least not in the beginning.

If I had to say one negative thing about this book it is the cover is misleading. But that is still okay because I do love a good suspense novel.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good clean read with a little bit of suspense mixed in.

On a 5-Star Scale - 4.5 Stars!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Bethany House for my copy of Her One and Only. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment