Saturday, May 21, 2016

Chronological Study Bible NKJV by Thomas Nelson

I love a good study Bible and when I had an opportunity to review the Thomas Nelson NKJV Chronological Study Bible I was elated.

This Bible is absolutely beautiful. From start to finish the pages are in color with beautiful pictures throughout. For instance, on page 1218 you will find The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci and on page 1227 you will find a picture of the Garden of Gethsemane as it appears today. You'll also find photographs of other notable Biblical landmarks as they are today.

I believe this is one of the best chronological study Bibles that I have seen. It blends Scripture and study aids in chronological order and gives the reader a better understanding of the Bible from a historical viewpoint. 

This is not just a Bible set up in chronological order. I also gives you a chance to learn about various topics during Biblical times such as Arts & Literature, Beliefs & Ideas, Architecture & Building, Agriculture & Herding, Cults & Supernatural, Culture & Society, Daily Life & Customs, Geography & Environment, Health & Medicine, Religion & Worship and many more. There are "Daily Life Notes", Transition Comments", "Time Panel and Charts", "Background Notes", "Historical Overviews", "Scripture Passages Index", "Topical Index and Glossary" and colored maps. In the back, it also gives a One-Year and Two-Year Bible reading plan.

As I mentioned, this is a beautiful Bible that allows you to study the Bible chronologically as things happened. However, in my opinion, it is not a Bible to take to your normal church service, although it does have a cross reference in the back showing what page to find certain passages on I believe by the time you found the verse the pastor may have moved on from that point.

I would highly recommend this Bible to anyone who wants to get a grasp on the historical perspective of the Bible.

I would like to thank BookLook Bloggers and Thoma Nelson for my copy of the  NKJV Chronological Study Bible. I received my copy for free for my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

1 comment: