Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Heart's Disguise by Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble's work holds a special place in my heart. When I heard an interview with Colleen several years ago, I went to the library and started reading her books voraciously. I haven't stopped since. I was ecstatic to hear that her publisher was going to re-release her first published series, "Journey of the Heart". The first book in the series is A Heart's Disguise and I absolutely loved it.

A Heart's Disguise is the story of Sara Montgomery and Rand Campbell and is set in Wabash, Indiana in October 1865. The Civil War has ended and Sara has been mourning the loss of her one true love, Rand Campbell for over five months. Her father has been told he doesn't have long to live and it is his wish that his daughter Sara be married before he dies.

Ben Croftner has had his eyes on Sara for some time and is trying to convince her to marry him. Sara doesn't love Ben but she loves her family and wants to make them happy. Will she say 'yes' to Ben? Or will she stay true Rand? Is Rand truly dead or was his notice of death false? The answers are all within this wonderful little book.

The series is to be issued over a period of six months. A Heart's Disguise will be issued in March and then each month there after another book in the series will be released. I can hardly wait for book two, A Heart's Obsession to be released. 

I would highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys clean historical fiction and especially fans of Colleen Coble. The book is a really quick read as it is only 90 pages long. But it is well worth your time.

On a 5 Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson for my review copy. I received my copy for free so that I could read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment