Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hidden Agenda by Lisa Harris

If you have never read a book by Lisa Harris you are missing out. Her most recent release, Hidden Agenda, is the third book in her Southern Crimes series. I haven't had the opportunity to read the first book in the series, Dangerous Passage, but I guarantee you I will be reading it very soon. The second book in the series, Fatal Exchange, was released in the middle of last year and was an excellent read. Read my review here.

The series follows the lives of three siblings in the Hunt family. Hidden Agenda, is the story of Michael Hunt, an undercover cop who is deep undercover with a drug cartel and his family believes him to be dead. When the story begins Michael's cover has been blown and he is rescued by Ivan and Olivia Hamilton, who just happen to be the children of Antonio Valez, the head of the cartel.

One thing I really like about Lisa Harris's books is her character development. Each character is well defined and has the ability to draw the reader into their story quickly. To be honest, when I read book two in the series, the first chapter of Hidden Agenda was included in the back of the book. Michael Hunt pulled me into his story in chapter one and I have been patiently waiting for Hidden Agenda to release.

Without telling too much of the story, Michael Hunt, Olivia Hamilton and her deaf brother Ivan are running. Running from the cartel and the cops. The journey will keep the reader on the edge of their seats throughout the story. But believe me, it is a journey well worth taking.

Lisa Harris has created a story that could be taken right out of today's headlines and has taken the reader right along with her. With strong believable characters and a story full of plot twists and turns the reader is guaranteed an awesome read.

I would highly recommend Hidden Agenda to anyone who enjoys reading a good suspense novel.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Hidden Agenda. I receive my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment