Monday, May 12, 2014

Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris


I thoroughly enjoy reading a good suspense novel. One that captures me, pulls me in and takes me along for the ride. Lisa Harris's book Fatal Exchange is just such a book. Fatal Exchange is the second book in her Southern Crimes series. The first, Dangerous Passage, has yet to be read by this reader, but it is on my list of books to read. The third book in the series, will be released in the Spring of 2015 and as far as I know does not have a title yet.  
This story is about high school teacher, Emily Hunt, and an old family friend, Mason Taylor, an undercover cop. Emily had a crush on Mason in years past and Mason felt the same way but it wasn't meant to be. Odds of anything happening now are pretty slim as Emily's brother Michael was killed and her family thinks that Mason was involved. 

The brother of Rafael, one of Emily's students, has been kidnapped and Rafael contacts Mason asking for his help. He was supposed to meet Mason but never showed up. Mason approaches Emily and asks her to notify him if or when Rafael shows up for class. Emily agrees and a short time later she finds herself, her niece and her students being held hostage in her classroom. They are being held hostage by none other than Rafael Cerda.  This sets the wheels in motion for a wonderful, fast paced, suspense novel. 

Ms. Harris created very believable characters, not only with Emily and Mason but her entire cast. The reader is allowed to see the flaws and brokenness of each of the characters. I found myself tied up into their story line wanting to know what would happen next and found it hard to put the book down when I had too. 

I do not believe in handing out spoilers, but I was a little upset with myself because before I started reading I did what I always do before starting to read the book and that is go to the very back of the book to see what the title of the next in the series is going to be and when it will be released. PLEASE do not do this as the first two words are a HUGE spoiler of Fatal Exchange.  So when you pick up your copy, and I really suggest you do, please do not look in the back until you complete the book.  The next book will release in Spring 2015 as I previously mentioned. You need not turn to the back.

I would highly recommend Fatal Exchange to anyone wanting to read a good Christian Suspense novel.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my review copy of Fatal Exchange. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment