Friday, January 16, 2015

Coming Soon! Susan Meissner's Newest Book, "Secrets of a Charmed Life"

I am so excited that I have the opportunity to share with you that Susan Meissner has a new book coming out next month. Secrets of a Charmed Life is set to release on February 3, 2015 and let me tell you, it is a book that is a must read for anyone who enjoys Susan's work. However, if you have never had the opportunity to read her work, may I suggest you pick up a copy of Secrets of a Charmed Life, you won't be disapointed. Susan has a way of weaving present day with the past in such a way that the reader is always transported through time and back again within the pages of her books. In Secrets of a Charmed Life the reader is transported from present day London to the London of World War II during the Blitz. 


If you are not aware of the London Blitz it is the period during WWII that the German Luftwaffe ran bombing missions over London. Parents were advised to send their children to the countryside where they were taken into foster homes. To the right is a picture of a small girl cradling a doll while sitting outside you bombed out home.

Because some parents couldn't handle being separated from their children, they either didn't allow them to leave London, or they brought them back home. Unfortunately, it wasn't a wise decision. The poster to the left was used to hopefully convince the parents to leave their children in the countryside.

Susan Meissner opened my eyes to a portion of history I never really knew about. I had heard of the Blitz but never really knew what went on during this time. I know now and am saddened to think of what the parents and children went through during that time.

Within the next couple of weeks I will be offering a question and answer session with Susan and an opportunity to win an autograph copy of Secrets of a Charmed Life for your very own. I will also be posting my review of this wonderful book. So please come back soon!


Smiles & Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment