Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Yuletide Rescue by Margaret Daley

I love Christmas and stories set during the Christmas season. So, with Christmas just a few weeks away, what better time to read a book set during Christmas? Especially, if the book is Margaret Daley's newest offering for Love Inspired Suspense, The Yuletide RescueReleasing in December, this book is Ms. Daley's first book in her "Alaskan Search and Rescue" series, Based on this first book I know I will love the series.

The story begins when Dr. Aubrey (Bree) Mathison is in a small bush plane with long-time family friend, Jeremiah Elliot. Bree travels all around Alaska helping people who need medical help and Jeremiah, as a pilot, is flying her home to Anchorage. Unfortunately, Jeremiah suffers a heart attack but is able to send off a May-Day call before crash landing the plane. Bree tries to help Jeremiah only to find that he has passed away. 

Now on her own, Bree builds an ice cave to stay in feeling assured that someone will find her by tracking the plane's beacon. Thankfully, David Stone, the head of a search and rescue unit finds her and is able to get her safely back home, but not before their safety is put in jeopardy. In the days to follow she begins to wonder if she really knew Jeremiah after all.

I really enjoyed the characters of Bree, David and David's father, Don. They were all well crafted and pulled me into their story from the very beginning. Bree and David both have painful memories and I loved how they worked through those pains as their love for each other grew. I also love it when a story and it's characters engage me in their world early on.

One thing I love about Margaret Daley's suspense novels is the fact that you can always count on a few twists and turns to keep the reader wondering and guessing. The Yuletide Rescue did not disappoint me in that area. Packed with suspense, the reader can count on a 'sitting on the edge of your seat" adventure.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of The Yuletide Rescue book as soon as it hits the shelves. If by chance you miss it in the stores remember you can always buy it on line with any of the on line booksellers.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Margaret Daley for my copy of The Yuletide Rescue. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,
 

1 comment: