Saturday, November 8, 2014

Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman

First off, I have to say this is the first book I have read by Julie Lessman. I have several in my 'to be read' pile and I can guarantee you, they have been moved closer to the top of my pile. I have heard wonderful things about Ms. Lessman's writing and I can now agree with all the wonderful things people have said about her work. She definitely knows how to weave words into a story that grabs the readers heart and plays with their emotions.

Her newest book, Surprised by Love is the third book in "The Heart of San Francisco" series. I do wish I had read the first two books in the series, but that will come in time. This book is the story of Megan McClare and Bram Hughes. When the story begins, Megan has just arrived home from a year spent in Paris. When Bram, who always thought of her as a little sister, sees how she has matured he is 'surprised by love'. I have to admit, this story line reminds me so much of the story line of Sabrina and Linus in the movie Sabrina. I loved the movie and I loved Ms. Lessman's book.

Ms. Lessman truly has a gift for words and creating believable characters. They are so well developed they breathe the life into her story. Her prose is so lyrical it reads almost like poetry. Am I a fan? Yes! I am!

I would highly recommend Surprised by Love to anyone who enjoys reading a good clean historical novel. I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed.

On a 5 Star Scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing, for my review copy of Surprised by Love. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment