Friday, August 1, 2014

When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren

I have become a big fan of Susan May Warren and her "Christiansen Family" series.  I just finished the third book in the series, When I Fall in Love, and I loved it! The first book, Take a Chance on Me, is on my Kindle waiting to be read, and the second book in the series is It Had to Be You (read my review here). There are quite a few family members so I'm sure we will be presented with several more books in the series in the future.

When I Fall in Love is the story of Grace Christiansen, a natural chef, and Maxwell Sharpe, a hockey player for the St. Paul Blue Ox. Grace is a homebody who would rather live with her parents and make magnificent meals while waiting to be accepted into culinary school and Max is a man who has a secret and chooses to stay to himself so he doesn't have to divulge it.

This is a story of hope, faith, trust and forgiveness. The characters seemed as real as everyday people and as each one graced the pages of this wonderful book they reached out their hands and drew the reader into the story. The plot was very much character driven.

The subplot is about Raina Beaumont and two of the Christiansen men, Owen, a man with a wounded past and his brother Casper, who is searching for his future. If I had to guess, these characters just might be the subject of a future novel in this series.

I truly love books that are clean reads but I must say that something happened in the early part of the book that made me think about closing the book and not continuing. But because it was written by Ms. Warren I thought she deserved for me to continue on to see what she made of it. I am so glad I didn't close the book as I would have missed out on so very, very much. There are lessons to be learned within the cover of When I Fall in Love and I hope you all pick up a copy and enjoy the read.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good contemporary romance novel.  You'll be whisked away from Minnesota to Hawaii and back again and I am sure you will enjoy the journey.

On a 5-star scale = 5 HUGE stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Tyndale House Publishers for my review copy of When I Fall in Love. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment