Friday, August 15, 2014

In Perfect Time - by Sarah Sundin

If you want to read great fiction set during WWII, then you must pick up a book by Sarah Sundin. I just finished In Perfect Time, her third book in the "Wings of the Nightingale" series and I think it was the best of the three. The first book in the series is With Every Letter (read my review here) and the second book in the series is On Distant Shores read my review here. All three books can be read as 'stand-alones' but I would highly recommend reading them in order or you will encounter some spoilers.

In Perfect Time is the story of Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson and C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper. I didn't really like Kay's character in the first two books but as the layers were stripped away from her in this book she became one of my favorite characters of the entire series. I will admit, I've loved Lt. Roger Cooper from the earlier books because he seemed so shy. This book peels the layers back on his character too and what the reader finds is a wonderful loving caring man who needs to learn to forgive himself for his past. 

This book is a story of hope, faith, love, trust and forgiveness. Ms. Sundin allowed the characters to get themselves into situations that made me want to shake them, hug them, kick them in their britches and hug them some more. All the characters of this series became real to me. I could hardly wait for In Perfect Time to come out and now I am sad that it's over. I truly loved this series. I wish Ms. Sundin would write one more in the series about a year or two after the war so we could see how their lives progressed. I must admit, I did love the way she tied up all the stories at the end of this book.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 GIGANTIC Stars!!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my review copy of In Perfect Time. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Cindy - thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm glad you liked Kay & Roger's story!

    ReplyDelete