Saturday, August 16, 2014

Evergreen by Susan May Warren

Whether you are already a fan of Susan May Warren's Christiansen family or not, Ms. Warren's newest book in the Christiansen family series is one not to be missed. This is the story of the Patriarch and Matriarch of the family, John and Ingrid Christiansen.

This is the story of 'empty-nesters' and how they deal with having a house full of children to having none. At least for awhile anyway. Ms. Warren shows how John and Ingrid look at things differently and how they have to learn to compromise.

I will admit I shed more than a few tears in this book but I can't tell you why or it will ruin the story for you. I will suggest you have some tissues handy just in case.

Evergreen is the story of endings and new beginnings, of truth and consequences, of love and forgiveness. Ms. Warren has masterfully created characters that make the reader feel what they feel.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Evergreen. This book is a novella and while it is a mere 185 pages long it packs a powerful punch. It is a book that even if you never read any of Ms. Warren's other Christiansen family stories you should read this one. 

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Tyndale House Publishers for my copy of Evergreen to review. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest opinion, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment