Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Severed Trust by Margaret Daley - my review

Severed Trust is Margaret Daley's fourth book in her "The Men of the Texas Rangers" series. Having already read the other three books in the series, Saving Hope, Shattered Silence and Scorned Justice, I just had to read her newest offering in the series. I wasn't disappointed.

Ms. Daley always creates believable characters that work their way into the heart of the reader. In Severed Trust, school teacher Sadie Thompson and Texas Ranger, Ethan Stone bring to life a story about teenagers, pill parties and prescription drugs. A death occurs, is it suicide or murder? That is what drives the story forward.

The scary thing is pill parties are happening around the country in the real world today. Parents should read this book so they can get an idea of what could be happening in their children's school. A pill party is where kids steal prescription pills from parents, or wherever they can find them, go to a party where all the pills are tossed in a bowl and then along with drinking alcohol they grab handfuls of pills and down them. Scary huh?! They can be taking a deadly combination and in this book that's exactly what happens when a young high school football player takes a wrong combination and is found dead. But was it from the pills or was something else at play that caused the death. Ms. Daley puts the reader on the edge of their seat as she takes them on a journey with many twists and turns. Just when I thought I had it figured out something else happened to take me to another conclusion. I love books that can make me feel as if I am part of the story and keep me interested until the very last page.

I am a really big fan of Margaret Daley's work and I have loved each and every book in "The Men of the Texas Rangers" series. They are all stand-alone books so you needn't worry that you have to read them in order. but I highly recommend that you read each one of them as they are all very good.

If you would like to read the Prologue and Chapter 1 you can read it here.

On a 5-star scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Abingdon Press for my review copy of Severed Trust. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,







No comments:

Post a Comment