Saturday, November 30, 2013

Emotions by Charles F. Stanley

People are not people without emotions. We experience joy, sadness, grief, love and a whole lot of different types of emotions each and every day. If we didn't we wouldn't be human. It's how we handle or react to our emotions that makes us different.

I will be perfectly honest. I do not have control of my emotions. I wish I did and it is for that reason that when I was offered the opportunity to read and review Pastor Stanley's book Emotions Confront the Lies, Conquer With Truth I jumped at the chance.

Pastor Stanley does a wonderful job on explaining to the reader how we can break away from the strongholds that our feelings place on us daily. When we can break free we can then find the God given purpose in our lives. He shows how we don' have to feel defeated or alone in our battle with out emotions and how we can find healing if we will allow our Heavenly Father to heal us.

One of my favorite chapters in this book is Chapter Five, The Courage to Stand - Conquering Fear Through a Change of Focus. One thought that was highlighted was found on page 101 and it states, "For us to overcome our fears, it is crucial we unearth where they originate from, which then shows us what thoughts trigger them." This opened my eyes as I know when I fear things I usually build things up in my mind until I am overwhelmed. When I stop and think and try to analyze things I tend to be less fearful. A lot of things I fear is because of things I learned as a child and Pastor Stanley addresses the attitudes we are taught as children.

Reading through this book is not enough. I believe the reader needs to take notes while reading it and make it a text that they come back to over and over. Pastor Stanley has included "Questions for Personal Reflection and Group Study" at the end of each chapter. This helps the reader focus in on the key points of each chapter.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has issues with their emotions or a family member or friend who needs help with controlling their emotions.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Kelly Vo of the Emotions Book Team and Howard Books for my review copy. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment