Friday, November 22, 2013

Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis

For those who are regular readers of my blog, you know that I love the work of Dan Walsh. Well, I have now discovered an author who has a very similar voice to Mr. Walsh, and that author is Timothy Lewis and his book Forever Friday is an absolute gem.

The story moves back and forth through time, much like some of the books Dan Walsh writes. Forever Friday begins in 2006 as Adam Colby, an owner of a small estate-sale business, rescued several photo albums that the bargain hunters and antique buyers overlooked. Within the pages of the photo albums were picture postcards. These weren't just any postcards, each one had a poem expressing the love Gabe Alexander had for his wife Pearl Huckabee (she goes by the name of Huck). Gabe sent one to her so she would receive it every Friday for sixty years.

Adam Colby is divorced and while reading the postcards he becomes intrigued with the depth of commitment that Gabe had for Huck. Can he discover the secret to their long passionate love or did it die with them? He soon meets Yevette Galloway, the daughter of Priscila Galloway, the long-time housekeeper for the Alexanders. She begins to reveal the story behind the postcards and Adam knows it is a story that needs to be told.

Mr. Lewis did a wonderful job of bouncing back and forth between the years. He takes us on the wonderful journey of Gabe and Huck as they meet for the first time in Cecil's Fish Market & Seafood Emporium and when they walk into eternity together from the Bayshore Extended Care Facility. I was pulled into Gabe & Huck's story from the first page and they became like family to me.  The characters of Gabe and Huck were vibrant and believable. The story read more as a memoir to me then a story of fiction, but that could be because Mr. Lewis based the story loosely on the life of his great-aunt and great-uncle, who left a legacy of postcards behind as well.

Forever Friday is a story of love and commitment between man and wife that spanned a lifetime. I must admit that I laughed and I cried throughout the book. Mr. Lewis touched my heart with this book and I could easily see it made into a movie.  Are you listening Hollywood? Besides, Mr. Lewis also writes screenplays so you needn't look beyond him.

I would highly recommend Forever Friday to anyone who enjoys reading a good book.

On a 5-Star scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Blogging for Books and WaterBrook Press for my advanced reader's copy. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Please enjoy the video promo below.
.


Smiles & Blessings,






No comments:

Post a Comment