Saturday, November 16, 2013

Millie's Treasure by Kathleen Y'Barbo - my review

Millie's Treasure is the second book in Kathleen Y'Barbo's "Secret Lives of Will Tucker" series.  The first book in the series is Flora's Wish, a book I have not read yet but plan to do so in the near future.

Millie Cope and Kyle Russell are the lead characters in Millie's Treasure and they are two characters I fell in love with. Millie had a father who was quite difficult and she learned it was best to not say much around him. She wanted to escape her father so she could live her own life and she was willing to marry Sir William Trueck in order to do so.  But is Sir William really who he says he is? Kyle is a Pinkerton Agent who had been given the task of uncovering a possible Confederate treasure. When Millie and Kyle encounter each other, Millie realizes she has only agreed to marry Sir William in order to get away from her father and she decides she must find a way out of her situation.

I love books that do flashbacks in time and Millie's Treasure begins in the year 1888 but then goes back to 1837. Ms. Y'Barbo wove the time periods together quite well.

Ms. Y'Barbo has created a tale of intrigue involving a hunt for treasure, a Pinkerton Agent who likes to invent things, a strong heroine with a mind of her own and romance all packaged up nicely within the pages of Millie's Treasure. I would highly recommend this book to anyone wanting a good clean book full of adventure and romance!

On a 5-Star Scale - 4.5 stars!!!!

I would like to thank Harvest House Publishers for my review copy.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment