Saturday, October 29, 2016

Tangled Webs by Irene Hannon

Irene Hannon has once again written a book that kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end. Her newest book, Tangled Webs, is the third book in her "Men of Valor" series. The first book in the series was Buried Secrets (read my review here) and the second book in the series was Thin Ice (read my review here). While each book can be read as a stand-alone book, I would suggest reading all three in the series because they tell the stories of three brothers.

Back Cover Blurb:

FINN HAS PACKED AWAY HIS COMBAT INSTINCTS -- BUT HE MAY NEED THEM AGAIN WHEN DANGER BEGINS TO STALK HIS QUIET HIDEAWAY...

After a disastrous Middle East mission ends his six-year Army Ranger career, Finn McGregor needs some downtime. A peaceful month in the woods sounds like the perfect way to decompress. But peace isn't on the agenda once he crosses paths with publishing executive Dana Lewis, a neighbor who is nursing wounds of her own. Someone seems bent on disrupting her stay in the lakeside cabin she inherited from her grandfather. As Finn and Dana work together to discover who is behind the disquieting prands, the incidents begin to take on a menacing tone. And swhen it becomes apparent Dana's foe may have deadly ingtenet, Finn finds himself back in the thick of the action--ready of not.

My Thoughts:

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the characters in this book. Having read the first two books, in which Finn McGregor appeared briefly, I was happy to finally find out the secrets he carried with him and see him finally get healing. As for Dana Lewis, she is a very strong character that was dealing with issues of her own. When you learn why she is living in the woods you can't help but feel for her.

Ms. Hannon is an expert at telling suspenseful tales that keep the reader engaged until the very end of the book. One thing I noticed in Tangled Webs is she let the reader in on what was going on right up front. We knew who the bad guys were. I thought at first it might ruin the story for me, but it didn't. Ms. Hannon is a master at creating twists and turns that keep the reader flipping pages long into the night.

I would highly recommend Tangled Webs to anyone who enjoys a good book filled with suspense and romance.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell for my copy of Tangled Webs. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment