Saturday, April 11, 2015

Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon

I always know when I pick up an Irene Hannon novel that I am going to be pulled into the story and held there until the last page is turned. Buried Secrets, Ms. Hannon's newest novel is the first in her "Men of Valor" series, and is a masterpiece in suspense. 

The story is about Police Chief Lisa Grant and ex-Navy SEAL, Mac McGregor. Mac is now a detective for the county and when some human bones are found at an excavation site, Mac and Lisa meet and begin a journey of discovery. Both a discovery surrounding the bones and a discovery about each other. 

Because of a very small piece of evidence that was buried with the bones, Lisa is able to discover who the bones belonged to and with that she sets out on a journey to find out what happened and who was behind the blunt force trauma to the skull.

Ms. Hannon is a master at providing twists and turns in her suspense novels that keep the reader engaged and guessing. Buried Secrets did exactly that. While the reader is clued in to the identity of who buried the person early on in the story, the twists and turns that the story took kept me guessing as to what really did happen.

If you enjoy a good clean suspense story I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Buried Secrets, I am sure you will love it and might find yourself staying up late into the night to finish it. I am looking forward to the second book in the series, which will be released in the Spring of 2016. Based on the excerpt in the back of Buried Secrets the next book in the series looks to be just as exciting, It is the story of Mac MacGregor's younger brother Lance, a former member of Delta Force who is now working for the FBI. He was introduced in Buried Secrets and I look forward to getting to know him better.

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Buried Secrets. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

On a 5-Star scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment