Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Christmas Angel Project by Melody Carlson

Oh how I love stories set during Christmas! The first Christmas story I have read this year is Melody Carlson's The Christmas Angel Project. I must admit I shed some tears in this book but it was a wonderful read.

Back Cover Blurb:

THE ONLY SOUND IN THE ROOM was the rustling of tissue paper being peeled away, followed by some oohs and aahs.
     Belinda peered down at the delicate angel ornament in her hand. Made with satin and lace and glitter and ribbons, the small figure was lovely. But it was the hand-painted face on a large wooden bead that captivated Belinda. From the caramel-colored skin to the wavy dark hair and chocolate-brown eyes, this angel was clearly meant to resemble Belinda. She felt the familiar lump growing in her throat as she stared down at the dainty angel. Every detail was perfect.
     Belinda looked up to see the others holdig similar--yet different--angels. Each one resembled the woman holding it. Abby had obviously put a lot of time and thought into these gifts.
     "To write that letter--telling us thanks like that," Grace said with surprising intensity. "And to make these angels so that we'd remember her. And calling us her angels...doesn't it seem strangely coincidental? Like she had some kind of premonitions?"
     "It does to me," Louisa declared.

My Thoughts:

I loved this book. It was a story about close friendships and passing friendships. But in the end it was the story of one woman, Abby, who loved her friends so much that she could see into their frailties and through the simple act of giving them a handmade gift at Christmas the friendships she had with them reached out and touched each of the other three women.

Ms. Carlson created four very different characters in this book and yet if you were to put their lives under a microscope you would probably see some of the same issues and problems just depicted in a different way. I saw a lot of myself in some of her characters and this book, had a cathartic message that spoke to me through all these women's stories.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of The Christmas Angel. But you might want a box of tissues close by for some of the more touching moments.

On a 5-Star Scale - 4 Stars!!!!

I would like to thank Revell for my copy of The Christmas Angel Project. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment