Saturday, September 24, 2016

Twilight at Blueberry Barrens by Colleen Coble

I am a huge fan of Colleen Coble. Her newest book, Twilight at Blueberry Barrens is, in my opinion, her best book yet. It is the third book in her "Sunset Cove" series. The first book in the series is Inn at Ocean's Edge (read my review here) and the second book in the series is Mermaid Moon (read my review here). You really don't need to read either of these books before Twilight at Blueberry Barrens as they can all read as stand-alone books. However, I believe reading them all will make your reading more enjoyable.

The heroine of this book is Kate Mason who cares for her family's blueberry barrens. However, as the story begins, the fruit is not producing and she is forced to finding another way to make a living. She ends up renting out a cottage across from where she lives. Her new tenants are entrepreneur Drake Newham and his two orphaned nieces. 

Drake has came to town to learn more about his brother's and sister-in-law's deaths. He doesn't believe it was a murder suicide as law enforcement would have him believe. He has every intention to prove the police wrong, but will he succeed?

Kate learns her uncle, who was in prison for murder has escaped. So, when someone begins to stalk her she believes it is her uncle...but is it? Or is someone else scaring her with their threats?

Ms. Coble has created a very suspenseful story that has several twists and turns throughout. She holds the reader captive from the very first page and I can honestly say I was kept engaged until the very end trying to figure out who was responsible for all that was taking place. I love it when I can read a book and it engages my mind in trying to discover "who-dun-nit".

The story is set on the coast of Maine and it is quite obvious Ms. Coble does her research. Her words paint beautiful pictures of the settings and allows the reader to experience the setting through her words.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Twilight at Blueberry Barrens. The characters are believable and they are perfectly woven into the setting. There is also a very nice love story woven in the mix.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Booklook Bloggers and Thomas Nelson for my copy of Twilight at Blueberry Barrens. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy Coleen Coble's books,too. Hadn't heard about this new one. Thanks for the introduction. Will have to get my hands on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you loved it, Cindy. That means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete