Saturday, January 30, 2016

Mermaid Moon by Colleen Coble

Anyone who knows me, is well aware of my love for Colleen Coble's books so when I had a chance to read her newest book I jumped at the chance. Her newest book, Mermaid Moon, is the second book in her "Sunset Cove" series.

Mermaid Moon is the story of Mallory Davis, a single mother who finds herself returning to her hometown after fifteen years of being away.  After receiving a mysterious call from her father, she contacts her old boyfriend, Game Warden Kevin O'Connor and asks him to go check on her father. Kevin finds her father dead and lets Mallory know, prompting her to return to her hometown. The question is, did her father die by accident, or was it murder?

Mallory wants to find out what really happened to her father against Kevin's suggestion that she leaves the investigation alone. Kevin, i part s trying to protect his heart from the pain Mallory inflicted upon it fifteen years before.

Ms. Coble takes the reader on an emotional ride filled with twists and turns keeping the reader on the edge of their seat throughout the book. Just when I thought I might have things figured out something happened and I would have to change my mind.

The one thing I really enjoy about Colleen Coble's books is her characterizations. Not only do the people appear very real, her setting is a character in itself. I found myself feeling like I was right there amidst the characters and by the time the book was over, I wished I didn't have to leave. This is definitely a book for my keeper shelf.

I would highly recommend Mermaid Moon to anyone who enjoys a clean story filled with non-stop suspense.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank LitFuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson for my copy of Mermaid Moon. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment