Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter

I absolutely loved Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter. Not just part of it but everything about it. From the characters to the setting I loved it. Okay, with that out of the way, Dancing with Fireflies is Denise Hunter's second book in her Chapel Springs Romance series. I must admit I have yet to read the first book in the series, Barefoot Summer, but I do plan on reading it in the near future.

After suffering a tragic event, Jade McKinley comes home to Chapel Springs, Indiana, harboring a secret that will not remain a secret for long. She had hoped to make a life for herself somewhere other than Chapel Springs but finding herself pregnant, alone, and broke she decides to go home.

Daniel Dawson is the mayor of Chapel Springs and has been a lifetime friend of Jade's family. In fact he has been considered an honorary member of the family for years. When Jade arrives home, she turns to him for help and in so doing she reveals that she is pregnant. Daniel does whatever he can to help her because, unbeknownst to Jade, Daniel has been in love with her for years.

Ms. Hunter has masterfully created a story that will touch you deep down in your heart. In this story of faith, hope, love and forgiveness, the characters jump off the pages and pull the reader into their story. You feel their love, their pain and you want to grab them by the shoulders and tell them to open their eyes. But in the end they do, with no help from the reader. 

As mentioned above, I loved this book.  I loved the images Ms. Hunter painted in my mind throughout the book, especially seeing a little girl 'dancing with fireflies'. I totally fell in love with the characters of Jade and Daniel. They were so well written that they became real to me. I can hardly wait for book three in the series, The Wishing Season (releases Winter 2014).

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publishing and Thomas Nelson for my review copy of Dancing with Fireflies. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment