Saturday, September 14, 2013

Stranded by Dani Pettrey

I love a good suspense novel and I have quickly learned that a novel with Dani Pettrey's name on it means I will be drawn into the suspense and held captive until I read the last page. She has a masterful talent of creating a book with just enough suspense, romance and Christian thread woven throughout the pages.  
Stranded is her third book in the "Alaskan Courage' series and I'm really hoping it won't be the last. Her first book in the series, Submerged, is sitting in my "TBR" pile, but her second book in the series, Shattered,  was an awesome read (read my review here). If you enjoy good Christian suspense novels Dani Pettrey's are a must read.

Stranded  is the story of Darcy St. James and Gage McKenna. Darcy was a former investigative reporter who has been summoned by her journalist friend Abby to join the staff on board the cruise ship Bering which was currently sailing out of Alaska to Russian. When Darcy arrives on board she meets up with Abby briefly.  It was long enough to see terror in Abby's eyes. Unfortunately Abby goes overboard which sets the suspense in action. Enter Gage McKenna, a man Darcy had met previously and had feelings for. While trying to learn what happened to Abby, Darcy and Gage find themselves working together while trying to fight their growing feelings for each other.

As mentioned above, Ms. Pettrey is a master at creating suspense. The twists and turns within the pages of Stranded takes the reader on a non-stop, heart-pounding journey that will leave you breathless. But don't fear, she ties everything up with a perfect bow and this reader was not disappointed.

I would highly suggest you quickly run to your bookstore, or venture to your favorite book site to purchase a copy of Stranded.   While you are at it, if you haven't already done so, pick up Submerged and Shattered as well.  YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! Did I like this book, no, I LOVE IT! I truly hope that there is at least a fourth novel in this series as I really would like to read Kayden and Jake's story.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Bethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my review copy. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment