Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Secretly Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt & Denise Hunter - my review

Secretly Smitten is a romantic anthology by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt & Denise Hunter.  It is the second in the "Smitten" series and an enjoyable page turner.  By page turner I don't mean nail biting suspense, but there is a little suspense thread woven within each of four novellas centering around four single women in the Thomas family.  This was just enough suspense to keep me turning the pages.

The town of Smitten, once a struggling mining town is now a town that proclaims to be the Love Capitol of the country.  The four authors have painted the town of Smitten as the central character and woven five beautiful love stories throughout the book.

Book one, Love Between the Lines by Colleen Coble begins the journey.  It is the story of Tess Thomas and Ryan Stevenson's blossoming love story.  The suspense thread begins here when the dog tags of David Hutchins are found in a crack in the attic.  Tess soon finds out that they belonged to her grandmother's first love who was killed in the war....or was he?

Book two, Make Me a Wish, by Kristin Billerbeck is the story of Zoe Thomas, the town matchmaker.  When she meets William Singer, the new city manager fireworks happen.  Will she be able to make herself a 'match'?  And what about David Hutchins?

Book three, Knit One, Love Two, by Diann Hunt is the beautiful love story between Anna Thomas (the mother of Tess, Zoe & Clare) and Michael Connors, a retired Marine.  Anna owns her own knitting shop and with a little coaxing from Michael, starts raising sheep and offering wool spinning classes.  Will their romance unravel before it can be knit together?  And what about David Hutchins?

Book four, Love Blooms, by Denise Hunter is the cute love story between nursery manager, Clare Thomas and what one perceives a 'bad boy' Ethan Foster.  Can finding him lurking in the shadows of the nursery shed bring a light into her life?  And what about David Hutchins?

I truly enjoyed reading Secretly Smitten and hope that these four amazing authors continue the series.  I found as I read this book that if I didn't look up at the page header I wouldn't have known where one author stopped and the other began.  They were so in tune with each other on this book that it seemed as if it was all written by one person.  Amazing!

I would highly recommend Secretly Smitten to anyone wanting to read a sweet entertaining romance.  Oh, and also if you want to find out about David Hutchins.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers and the BookSneeze program for my copy of Secretly Smitten.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Grateful for this thorough review, as I've seen this book a number of times and wondered about it. Looks like something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete