Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vanished by Irene Hannon - a review


Vanished  is the first novel in Irene Hannon's Private Justice series and if it is any indication of the rest of the series, Ms. Hannon has another hit series on her hands.

The book begins when reporter Moira Harrison is driving on a back country road in pouring down rain and finds herself lost.  She notices a figure in her headlights just seconds before she hears a thump and loses control of her car crashing into a tree. Moira loses consciousness and when she comes to the woman she saw in her headlights is nowhere to be found nor is the man who she thought stopped to help her.  Moira takes her story to the local police but without a body no one believes her story.

Moira is haunted by the look on the woman's face that appeared in her headlights and she can't give up trying to find out what really happened that night.  She soon enlists the help of Cal Burke, a former police detective, turned private investigator.  Cal and his two partners end up taking the case on Pro Bono without much hope that it will turn into anything.  As time progresses they find there is more to the story then just a woman caught in the headlights on a rainy night.

When a book pulls me into the story from the very first page, I know it is going to be a book I will remember long after turning the last page.  Vanished pulled me in from page one and held me captive throughout the entire book.  It is definitely a page-turner and has a sweet love story mixed in as well.  This is another book for my "keeper" shelf.

Vanished is a must read for all Irene Hannon fans and if you are not currently a fan of Ms. Hannon's, Vanished will surely convert you to becoming one.  I would highly recommend Vanished to anyone who enjoys a good clean suspense novel.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

*** Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.***

I would like to thank Donna Hausler and Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my review copy of Vanished.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,






1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Cindy, for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete