Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Declare - 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life by Joel Osteen - my review

Okay, there are just some books that grab you from the first sentence and never turn loose of you.  Not even after you have read the last word and softly closed the cover of the book.  I Declare  was just such a book for me.  Yes, this book is non-fiction and yes, it grabbed me and still hasn't let go.  In fact, I have been telling everyone I know about this book and have even bought copies for family and friends because I know that not only is it a great book but the content can be life-changing.  I've already started seeing changes in my own life and it's only been a week.

I Declare is a wonderful book of 31 chapters that are set up to be read one chapter per day.  Each chapter begins with a Declaration and then Joel gives about two and a half pages in which he gives a story/example of how that declaration can and has made a difference in people's lives.  I have to admit, I read the book in two days but I'm now planning (once my husband finishes reading it) to read one chapter per day.  I fully believe that if a person reads this book and starts making the positive declarations over their lives daily, their lives will change for the better.

My husband is a pastor who speaks often about watching the words that spew out of our mouths.  Joyce Meyer also has written books on the words that come out of our mouths and how we need to be aware of what we say.  Well, I have listened to my dear husband and Joyce Meyer and while I fully agree with them both, the concept has never caught hold of me and woke me up like Joel Osteen's book I Declare.

I thought about including the first chapter of I Declare but I know I wouldn't want to stop there.  So what I will give you instead is this simple statement.  "Buy this book!"  I guarantee you that you will not be sorry.  It is that good. I can't 'dog-ear' pages of a book (that makes me cringe), but I have sticky notes and flags throughout my copy of this book.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 BIG Stars!

I would like to thank Sarah Reck with FaithWords, a division of Hatchette Book Group, Inc for my copy of I Declare.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment