Sunday, February 10, 2013

Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst - my review

I am always ready for a good devotional to add to my time spent with the Lord.  When I was given the opportunity to review Lysa TerKeurst's newest book, Unglued Devotional, I was excited as I have enjoyed previous books by Ms. TerKeurst.  Unfortunately, this book of devotions wasn't for me.

The subtitle of the book is "60 Days of Imperfect Progress" and I felt the stories were leaning a little to the 'negative'.  I always try to select an uplifting devotional but Unglued Devotional didn't feel very uplifting to me.  But I feel that is most likely because I didn't really connect with some of the topics.  

I do believe the purpose of the book is to help the reader take situations that 'unglue' them and turn them around to a positive experience.  I think if the book had been grouped in sections that pertained to different issues, it might be more helpful to the reader.  

One thing I did like is the Appendix that helps the reader determine their reaction type.  

I would recommend this devotional to those who experience a lot of 'unglued' days.  

On a 5 star scale - 3 Stars

I would like to thank Zondervan for my copy of Unglued Devotional.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment