Sunday, November 13, 2011

Remembering Christmas by Dan Walsh - a review

From the inside cover of Remembering Christmas:

"Rick Denton lives his life on his terms.  He works hard, plays hard, and answers to no one.  So when his mother calls begging him to come home after his stepfather has an aneurysm, Rick is more than a little reluctant.  What was supposed to be just a couple days helping out at the family bookstore turns into weeks of cashing out old ladies and dealing with the homeless guy who keeps hanging around the store.  The one bright spot is the lovely and intriguing young woman who works at his side each day.

As Christmas nears, Rick's old life beckons, the hurts from his past loom large, and the decisions he makes will determine more than just where he spends Christmas Eve."



My Thoughts:

Remembering Christmas is a story of forgiveness, restoration, and love.  I must say, Mr. Walsh knows how to weave a story that will grab the reader by their heartstrings.  I shed a few tears during the course of reading this book.  

Chapter One begins during the present day and by Chapter Two you are taken back to 1980 where the story truly begins and continues until the final chapter which brings you back to present day.  Remembering Christmas has some unexpected turns along the way but I guarantee you, the journey will be worth your time.  

I have read that Dan Walsh's work has been compared with the work of Nicholas Sparks, while I haven't read any of Mr. Sparks books, I have seen most of the movies that have been based on his books.  I can see a similarity and I believe that Remembering Christmas would make a wonderful seasonal film. I hope Hollywood takes notice.

I love to read Christmas themed stories so when I had the opportunity to review Dan Walsh's Remembering Christmas, I jumped at the chance. This was my first experience in reading any of Mr. Walsh's work but I will definitely read more of his books in the future.

I highly suggest Remembering Christmas and rank it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

I would like to thank Donna Hausler with Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Remembering Christmas.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

*Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.*

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment