Saturday, November 5, 2011

From This Day Forward by Margaret Daley - a review

I was first introduced to Margaret Daley's work through the Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense line of books. With each book I've read, I have found her characters so believable that they almost walk off the pages into your life.  She has a wonderful knack of drawing her readers in and captivating them until the very last page.


Ms. Daley's first historical novel, From This Day Forward, was a wonderful trip back in time.  I was taken back to the period following the War of 1812 and was held captive from the very first page when newly widowed, Rachel Gordon, finds herself far from her English home and with child.  She and her maid, Maddy, are on a journey to there new home in Virginia when a storm develops and their horse gets spooked overturning their cart.  Shortly after Dr. Nathan Stuart ventures by and comes to their rescue.  Little does he know this is the beginning of an adventure that will draw him out of his solitary existence.

 From This Day Forward is a story of love, determination and a little suspense.  Believe me you won't be able to put this book down.  Ms. Daley has created a well written work of historical fiction and I look forward to many more books from her in this genre.

On a Five-Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Margaret Daley and the publishers at Summerside Press for my review copy.  I received  my copy for free to read and offer my honest review which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment