Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer chased away Spring, so here's a Great Read for the Summer!

For the second year in a row, Spring stepped aside prematurely to let Summer come rushing in.  I am not a fan of Summer.  Never have liked the heat.  But today it was up to at least 95 degrees here in Auburn, Indiana.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Enough about the weather!  I just finished a quick, fun book by Janice Hanna.  Have any of you read LOVE ME TENDER yet?  For those of you growing up in the 1950's this will bring back memories and I'm sure you will love it.  Yes, the title is tied to the Elvis hit, Love Me Tender, but the story is about two other young rising stars.  It was just a really sweet story.  The story is set in Laguna Beach, California as well as Los Angeles. I loved that because I am a Native Southern Californian & before moving here to Indiana ten years ago I lived in Orange County not to far from Laguna Beach. 

Hopefully I can get a review posted later this week.  In the meantime, check out this link to the YouTube clip about the book.



Smiles & Blessings,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment