Sunday, May 1, 2011

Celebrating our 10th Anniversary with Soul Surfer!

Well, this weekend has flown by but it was the best weekend we've had in a long time.  We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.  Instead of buying each other gifts or cards we always go away for a day or two.  This year we decided to go back up to Coldwater, Michagan where we spent our wedding night.  I left work a little early on Thursday and my wonderful husband and I headed north to Michigan and checked into the same hotel we stayed in ten years ago.  Although ten years ago it was a Holiday Inn and after being bought and sold several times since, it is now the Comfort Suites.  The awesome thing is we were given the same room we had ten years ago...it was a God thing for sure!  We then left and drove a little further north to have dinner at Winn Schullers, in Marshall, MI. Oh my gosh!  The food was excellant and we were stuffed by the time we left. 


On Friday we went to breakfast and then went to an Indian/Moccasin shop where my dear husband bought me the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.  They are a black moccasin with a rubber sole.  We then looked around town before heading to the local theater to see Soul Surfer.  Let me tell you, this is one of the best and most inspiring movies I have seen in a very long time.  If you haven't had the chance to see it yet, please do yourself a favor and go see it.  You will not be sorry.  Also, for you Carrie Underwood fans, she was great in the movie!  Please take a few minutes and watch the trailer below.
                                       


Well, the weekend is quickly coming to an end and I have much to do before my work week starts tomorrow so I will end this here.  I pray you all have a wonderful week!

Smiles & Blessings,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment