Saturday, January 5, 2019

Lone Star Christmas Witness by Margaret Daley


Lone Star Christmas Witness, is the 5th book in Margaret Daley's "Lone Star Justice" series and it is another extremely suspenseful addition to this great series. Please note while it is part of a series it can be read as a stand-alone book.

Back Cover:

To protect a child witness
Lone Star Justice must prevail

With a killer at large, Texas Ranger Taylor Blackburn must safeguard little Ben Markham--the sole survivor of a mass shooting. But allowing Ben and his beautiful aunt, Sierra Walker, into his life is riskier than Taylor imagined. While he can distract Ben with Christmas planning, Taylor can't ignore how Sierra makes him feel. The only thing harder than protecting them is guarding his own heart...

My Thoughts:

Lone Star Christmas Witness is another sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat book by Margaret Daley and this one could come right out of a current headline. Ms. Daley handles the subject well.

This book starts out in the aftermath of a mass shooting leaving one very young boy as the only witness. The suspense escalates from there taking the reader on a roller coaster ride. 

I always love it when an author creates a world and characters that beckon me in. Where you feel like you are right there feeling what the characters are feeling. Ms. Daley does this very well.

I am a huge fan of good characterization and I wasn't disappointed with Sierra, Taylor, Ben and Taylor's father Robert. They were all believable and I grew fond of them all.

The saddest part of the story centered around a little boy named Ben, who because of the circumstances turned mute. But in time... well you'll have to read the book to see what- happens.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good suspense-filled story, especially one set during Christmas.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the author, Margaret Daley, for my copy of Lone Star Christmas Witness.  I received my copy for free but I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.


Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment