Sunday, November 27, 2016

Finding Riley by Dan Walsh

I just finished reading a wonderful novel by Dan Walsh set during Christmas. Finding Riley is the second book in his "Forever Home" series. The first book in the series is Rescuing Finley (read my review here) and was a pure joy to read. Both books can be read as stand-alone books but you will be blessed if you read both books.

About the book

An unexpected surprise brings the Mitchell family of Savannah a chance to experience the Christmas trip of their dreams. An unexpected disappointment threatens to turn it into the worst Christmas of their lives. 

John Finch and his friend Alfred live in the woods. Been doing if for decades. He likes wintering in Florida, but this year's been particularly harsh. Between the cold, freezing rain and terrifying lightning storms, John's starting to wonder how much more of this lifestyle he can take. A new friend enters the picture and changes everything. Kim Harper, the dog trainer introduced in Rescuing Finley, is contracted by a billionaire philanthropist seeking her help with a new dog training project that will help the homeless. Is he for real? And is her co-worker right? Does this rich, handsome man's interest in Kim go much deeper than her dog-training skills?

My Thoughts:

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters draw you in and invite you to become part of their story . But then I have found that to be true with all of Dan Walsh's books. 

While there were basically three story lines going on in Finding Riley, the Mitchell family's story, John Finch's story and Kim Harper's story, they were all drawn together largely due to a wonderful dog named Riley. 

This story stirred my emotions to tears and when that happens I know it is a book that I will keep and reread during the coming years. 

I would highly recommend Finding Riley to anyone who enjoys a good feel good story or stories set during Christmas. Oh, and there is a touch of Disney World in this story as well.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the author, Dan Walsh, for my e-copy of Finding Riley. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment