Sunday, February 7, 2016

If I Run by Terri Blackstock

Oh. My. Gosh. If you had told me I would pick up a full length novel and read it in one sitting I would have laughed. But, yesterday morning I decided to select a new book to read on my Kindle. I chose If I Run by Terri Blackstock. Let me tell you. That book grabbed me from the first line and by late afternoon I had finished this wonderful book.

If I Run is the first book in Terri Blackstock's new series and is due to release on February 16, 2016. I can honestly say that this is a powerful suspense novel that will grab you from the first sentence, "There's blood on the bottom of my shoes." and leave you wanting more by the time you turn the last page. 

The blurb on the back starts out, "Casey knows the truth. But it won't set her free." This is a story about Casey Cox, a young woman who at the tender age of twelve discovered her father's dead body. It was stated that her father committed suicide by hanging but she still doesn't believe it. She knows in her heart that he was murdered. Now she finds her best friend murdered and she decides to flee until she can uncover the truth. She can't trust the police so who can she trust.

Ms. Blackstock has written a fast paced, nail-biting suspense novel that takes the reader on an edge-of-your-seat ride until the very end. I have to say that I was so hooked at wanting to know what was going to happen next that before I knew it I had finished the entire book and now I will have to wait patiently for the second book in the series.

I highly recommend this book for adults who enjoy reading fast paced suspense novels with a Christian thread. Because of the subject content, it might not be suited for young readers.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank BookLook Bloggers for my e-copy of If I Run. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give an honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment