Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson


If you love to read fun books set during Christmas, you must pick up a copy of Melody Carlson's book The Christmas Joy Ride. This is a fairly short hardcover book, a mere 168 pages, but the lesson learned within it's pages packs a wallop!

Imagine an 85 year old woman wanting to drive a motor home across country from Chicago to Phoenix. That is exactly what Joy Jorgenson plans on doing. You see, she has sold her home in Chicago and is supposed to be flying to Phoenix to live in an assisted living apartment near her two sons. But Joy has other plans. She gets her RV out of storage and plans to drive to Phoenix, making several important stops along the way. 

Joy's young friend, Miranda Fortner, is about to lose her home in February to foreclosure. She doesn't like the idea of Joy driving by herself so she decides to join Joy in traveling the old Route 66. What she doesn't know is that while she is blessing Joy by being a travel companion, she will be blessed by Joy and all those she comes in contact with.

I truly loved this book. While I did shed a few tears along their journey I also found myself laughing out loud at other times. Imagine seeing an RV driving down the road totally decked out in Christmas decorations. What a sight that would be!

Ms. Carlson has written some sweet Christmas stories over the years but I believe this may just be her best yet. I loved her characters and it was almost as though there were several stories packed into one. 

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of this very sweet and heart touching book. Maybe pick up a couple as Christmas gifts.

On a 5 Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my copy of The Christmas Joy Ride. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment