Sunday, November 15, 2015

Keeping Christmas by Dan Walsh

I truly enjoy any book with the name of Dan Walsh on the cover. His newest book Keeping Christmas pulled at all my emotions, as most of his books do.

Keeping Christmas is the story of 'empty-nesters'. Stan and Judith Winters find themselves all alone at Thanksgiving as all three of their children and their families have moved to other states and can't afford to come home for the holidays. To make things worse, they tell their mom that they won't be able to come home for Christmas either. This was the catalyst for this story.

Judith can hardly believe she won't see any of her kids during the holidays. The feelings she starts to have take her into a deep depression and Stan and Betty, the wife of Stan's best friend Barney, try just about everything to help Judith get through this difficult time. Are they successful? You'll have to read the book to find out.

I will say that the love displayed in this book was almost tangible. I felt it. I believed it. I loved it.

Mr. Walsh, has a talent of creating characters that could be your neighbor, your best friend or a family member. While they are fiction, they are real. They could easily walk right off the page into your life. I always feel like I become part of his stories. They are just that good.

I would highly recommend Keeping Christmas to anyone who loves stories set during Christmas and stories that have answers to everyday problems. This is good for all ages.

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing, for my copy of Keeping Christmas. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment