Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Bride at Last by Melissa Jagears

I am so excited to tell you about Melissa Jagears newest book, A Bride at Last. This is the fourth offering in her "Unexpected Bride Series" and in my humble opinion, it is her best yet. 

The story begins in Missouri in September 1885 where we meet schoolteacher Kate Dawson, the heroine of the story, and her student Anthony Riverton. In time we meet homesteader Silas Jonesey, the story's hero. I must say he is definitely swoon-worthy. The picture on the cover of both characters serve them well.

I want so much to tell you everything about this wonderful story but I never give out spoilers. I can tell you this, there are mysteries hidden within the covers of this book. While it is a historical love story, the reader is drawn into a story that has a few twists and turns that lead the reader deeper into the story. If I had had the time, I would have read this book in one sitting. As it is, once I began reading I lost all track of time and when I had to pull myself out of the story I was quite reluctant to do so.

This is a story about forgetting old hurts, learning to trust, and reaching out to others. The characters in this book were so lifelike that they became real to me and I truly hated to see them go. There are times when I finish a book I begin to wonder after I finish what happened next. Of course I have to remind myself it is just a story. But in A Bride at Last, Ms. Jagears offers the reader an Epilogue that allows us to see eight years into the future. I truly appreciated being given that gift.

Would I suggest this book to others? Definitely. I would suggest it to anyone who loves a good clean love story.  The Christian theme that flows throughout the book is not overpowering but adds to the story quite nicely. 

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Ms. Jagears and Bethany House for my copy of A Bride at Last. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment